Australian Theatre Live is your local home for digital live performance, and a rich, accessible resource for students, educators and researchers of the theatrical arts.
ATL combines all the resources you need into one easy to use education package. The rental period is 30 days, and includes links to Education Booklets and Q&A’s with key creatives so that students can gain insights into every aspect of the creative process. As a not-for-profit Arts organisation, profits are funnelled back into theatre creatives, actors, playwrights and theatre companies. This means that your school is contributing to the longevity and vitality of the theatre industry and helping to inspire and enthral the next generation of Australian theatre artists.
Based in Rozelle, Sydney, and with a growing library of Australian live performance titles, ATL is dedicated to recording and distributing live performance captures to audiences across the country and the world.
For a number of years, we have made our films and accompanying resources available for education use via Vimeo. In October of 2022 we launched our brand new subscription site for the general public, and are now shifting our focus to creating a similar education portal where all suitable films and resources (interviews, Q&As, education booklets etc.) can be readily and easily accessed.
Please note our current subscription platform ATL ON DEMAND is licensed for private use only. Whilst we get our new education platform up and running, you can view a selection of our films via Vimeo. These are linked below. If you wish to access other films in our catalogue for use in a classroom, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to discuss.
- Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare – a Queensland Theatre production
- Includes an education booklet and a series of 5 behind-the-scenes videos/interviews
- Norm and Ahmed by Alex Buzo – an Australian Theatre Live production
- Includes an education booklet, a live-captured post-show Q&A, and 2 interviews (with the director, cast and lighting designer)
- Away by Michael Gow – a Sydney Theatre Company and Malthouse Theatre production
- Includes an education booklet and 4 interviews (with the director, cast and production designer)
- Erth’s Prehistoric Picnic – an Erth, Sydney Festival and The Royal Botanic Gardens & Domain Trust production
- Includes an education booklet
- Return to the Dirt by Steve Pirie – a Queensland Theatre production
- Includes an education booklet and a series of 4 behind-the-scenes videos/interviews
Note: when purchased, you will have access to the production and accompanying resources for 30 days.
If you’d like to submit suggestions or feedback for our new platform, please fill out this Google Form, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.